10 Books To Read During Black History Month
This month, we are honoring Black History Month in part by reading Black on Both Sides: A Racial History of Trans Identity for our Book Club. The books details the intersectional politics and history of transness and Blackness.
Scroll to view 10 more books we recommend reading this month to support Black creators and learn more about the Black experience and history.
1. Black on Both Sides: A Racial History of Trans Identity
2. Trap Door: Trans Cultural Production and the Politics of Visibility
3. Sissy Insurgencies: A Racial Anatomy of Unfit Manliness
4. Giovanni's Room
5. Angela Davis: An Autobiography
6. My Government Means to Kill Me
7. Black Boy Out of Time
8. The Poetics of Difference: Queer Feminist Forms in the African Diaspora
9. Unapologetic: A Black, Queer, and Feminist Mandate for Radical Movements
10. The Body is Not an Apology